Why pray the scriptures?









I have been ask this question and I wanted to answer it here.

" Why do I pray using the scriptures"

My mother is the one that introduced me into praying with great authority; as I prayed the word of God. As I matured in my faith in Christ, I learned that God wanted me to use His word, as I prayed; because His word never fails.

The word is the living, and breathing word of God, that never, ever, fails!
Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.

Praying the word of God, reminds God of His word. It also increases our faith in Him. As the bible tells us, that the Just shall live by faith. The bible also tells us, that faith ONLY comes by hearing and hearing the word of God! What an awesome way to stir up someone`s faith, as we pray for them; while giving them scriptures to meditate on! ( Read Psalms 1)

The bible also tells us that we must LIVE by the word of God.

Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”

Romans 1:17
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

As we continue to grow in prayer, doubt has to move out and FAITH will increase. The word of God will be implanted in you, and you will become as the scripture tells us, here in John 15:7, which states "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you."

DID YOU SEE THAT? If His word abides in you! Whatever you ask in prayer it SHALL be done. The word of God is the Key!

Today take those baby steps to learn how to use the scriptures for what it is, a SWORD, and unlock the Kingdom of Heaven!

Matthew 16:19
And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Isaiah 55:11
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Comments

Popular Posts