Growing in Christ: Choices


The other day, my husband and I had reached a fork in the middle of the woods! We had to make a choice, on what direction to go . It's was either ..

A... Trust God to meet a need, that looked impossible!

B... Try to meet a need on our own, and not be completely honest to get it done !

As my husband and I discussed the situation. I just could not see myself choosing plan B! Being a Christian means all eyes are on our lifestyle , and that our faith walk in Christ is being seen! If we say we love God, we need to trust him no matter what! We are always to do Good, and not telling the truth, is never an option for me personally! 

I was reminded of the story of Abraham in the bible . How he lied and told pharaoh the half truth about his wife. Abraham told pharaoh that Sarai was his sister, and not the whole truth of her being his wife. Though his intentions were good! As Abraham wanted to protected himself from being harm! He could had just simply trusted God, to work the situation out!
Note these verses...

Genesis 12:11-13
11 And it came to pass, when he was close to entering Egypt, that he said to Sarai his wife, “Indeed I know that you are a woman of beautiful countenance. 12 Therefore it will happen, when the Egyptians see you, that they will say, ‘This is his wife’; and they will kill me, but they will let you live. 13 Please say you are my sister, that it may be well with me for your sake, and that Imay live because of you.”

So here I was back at that heavy, forest fork, in the middle of the woods, as we continued to discuss, both options! At the end of the day, we chose option A! God's way! We both decided to trust God, and do good; even if it meant that we would take another long path to get were we needed to be!

I am so thankful for God who is always working on my heart daily! I may not be perfect, but I strive for His perfection, found only with walking with Christ daily!

Matthew 5:48
Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Goooood morning King Jesus! Goooood morning  family and friends! Have a bless weekend love Sis Rashida❤️❤️❤️

Comments

Popular Posts