Green Tomatoes




I am a mother and a wife, and my life is always busy. So very often my chats with God, are during those quick moments of silence.

I could be washing dishes, doing laundry or preparing a meal. It’s those moments I hear His whispers, because my spirit is silent.

Green Tomatoes !! Okay, God I have green tomatoes . Look again, and realize why they are not ripening as quickly as you like them too. I hear him gently whisper to my spirit.

My mother has a vegetable garden in her backyard which has green tomatoes and red tomatoes . Sometimes we pick the green tomatoes, and bring it inside and allow them to turn red from the sunlight . My mother then places her green tomatoes on her kitchen window shelf, where the sun can directly hit them.

Her tomatoes always ripen quickly. If those tomatoes are not in the direct sunlight they take awhile to turn red. Allot longer then being in the sun.

In this Christ life, God wants us mature like those red tomatoes! Ready to be eaten and used. He dose not want us unripe, and green! The more we study our word, get in prayer, and go to church to get fed, the more our life will grow in Christ and bear good fruits, ripen fruits! Stay in the SON, Stay completely emerged in Christ, allowing ourselves to become mature in Christ.

Ephesians 4:13-15 (NIV)
13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

Prayer:
Lord, I certainly don’t want to be an unripen fruit . Just going through the motions and never ever coming to truly know You as my Lord and Savior! Help me to continue to push forward in faith! Help me to diligently study You word, grow, and be a worker that shows myself approved in Your word!

I want to be used by You mightily, for Your purpose! I thank You for hearing my prayer and helping me to mature in You. In Jesus name I pray, Amen❤️
Have a Bless weekend Love Sis Rashida

Comments

Popular Posts