Growing in Christ: Why God

Well... Today my foot is still swollen! (from falling down the stairs at church) My sweet husband, has placed an ice pack on it. As this entire event happen at "Church"! A great question arouse from it.  "How could this ever happen at church?"  Let's take a look at this story in the bible. And it reads...

Acts 20:9-12
9 And in a window sat a certain young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep. He was overcome by sleep; and as Paul continued speaking, he fell down from the third story and was taken up dead. 10 But Paul went down, fell on him, and embracing him said, “Do not trouble yourselves, for his life is in him.” 11 Now when he had come up, had broken bread and eaten, and talked a long while, even till daybreak, he departed. 12 And they brought the young man in "ALIVE",and they were not a little comforted.

As Paul preached the gospel. A man fell down, and died! But because of God's grace and mercy! What the enemy meant to discredit the "Gospel", God used it for His glory! That the power of God, would be seen! That man came back to life!

Baby Isaac, who I held in my arms when I fell could had been seriously hurt! However, he was not! Not a scratch, bruise, or a broken bone! Of all the people who stopped and prayed for my son, was the security of the church ! 

All I remember was a nice young man, with a tattoo on his hand asking to pray over my son. He explain he was church secruity, and could he pray for him ! My husband and I reply was an immediately "YES"!

I could care less, if he was secruity, or even the church's janitor! He Stop, cared, and took the time to pray for us! He believe as I believe, that Jesus heals, and in the power of prayers, to the One who answers them all!( 1 John 5:14)

That day God got the glory in it all! Simple put, things happen in life! But God is still GOD!!

If anything, this accident was also a great opportunity to answer this question of "Why"things happen ... As The apostle Paul in the bible can relate !

I leave you all with this verse...
James 1:2-8 
[ Profiting from Trials ] My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. ...

My Faith was tested and proven to be STEADFAST, and unshakable!!

Goooood morning King Jesus !! Good morning  family and friends!

Comments

Popular Posts