Pillar of Salt Syndrome




What in the world are looking you back for? Your past? What you could have, should have done? Hurts? Let me start with a story about Lot’s wife. For those that do not know this story or need just a little reminder, do you remember the woman who turns into a pillar of salt? Lot`s wife was a woman in the bible who turn into a pillar of salt, because she looked back at her past. Lot`s wife was warned by angels, to not look back at the city of Sodom and Gomorrah where she and her family had once dwelt. God had sent angels to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. Sodom and Gomorrah was a city ruled by sexual perversion and every other sin in the book. Therefore, God sent two angels to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. But First God brought Lot and his family out of the city that their life might be saved.

Let us fast forward to Lot’s wife. Now the angel of the Lord specifically warns lot’s family to not look back as the city while it was being destroyed. However, Lot’s wife chooses to look back and she herself was destroyed, for Lot’s wife was turned into a pillar of salt.
What past are you looking back at? What has you bound that you just cannot seem to move forward? If your looking back at your past, the things that God delivered your from, you can not move forward. No one can walk forward while still looking back over his or her shoulder, unless you trip and fall.

Take this example, when my husband is driving our vehicle he has a habit of gazing on sites that are to his right or left, and most often when he does this our SUV starts to rear off the road. Then it is always followed by me screaming, “Look out, are you trying to kill us all“! (Laughing) This is one reason why I do not like driving with my husband, he always trying to sight see while he is driving. My point is this, If your not focus on what is happening now in your life, what you’re goals are, and your always looking back at your past. You will most likely end up getting shipwreck, and stuck in the past. You will never be able to fully enjoy your life, because you are stuck in your past hurts, or what you could have done with your life. The bible gives us an easy solution to solving the “Pillar salt Syndrome“
.
Let’s look at this verse from The Apostle Paul Philippians 3:13 states” Brethren I do count myself to have apprehended, but one thing I do, forgetting those things that are behind me and reaching forward to those things that are ahead“.
Paul says it so simple, he tells us to forget, and let go of the past! We cannot change our past mistakes, or our past circumstances, but we can change our future. By choosing to push forward and letting go of everything that has held us back ,we can begin to enjoy life. The bible goes on to say that if anyone that is IN CHRIST, he is a NEW creation; old things have passed away, behold all things have become New!
This means New Thinking, New Peace, New Joy, and New Hope that is found in Jesus. Once you have become saved, God has made you brand new in Him. Your entire past has been wiped away. So today, whatever you have been dwelling on from your pass just let it go! Stop tumble, falling, tripping on things of the past and allow God to rewrite your future in Him.

Heavenly Father, I receive your forgiveness of all things that I have done in the past. Jesus your word declares if we confess our sin you are ABLE and JUST to forgive me from ALL unrighteousness.(1 john 1:9) Lord I also choose this day to forgive all who have hurt me with, unkind words, abused me and mistreated me. I forgive them so I can be free. Your word tells me if I do not forgive I myself will not be forgiven.( Mathew 6:15) So I choose Life and freedom in You. I trade my sorrow and pain, for your Joy, Laughter and Peace that surpasses all understand. I trade my past for a hope and a future that is found only in you. Help me Jesus to forgive and receive your forgiveness in Jesus name Amen.

Comments

  1. I really liked that! We can't change what is behind us...I really enjoy your blog site and hope to get back through some of you past posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and God bless you for stopping by and reading my post. I look forward to reading your thoughts on my other post. God bless Rashida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing! Just wow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! You are an inspiration. Continue to bless and be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

God bless you for taking the time and leaving a comment:)

Popular Posts